- What is the PCA-edu Info Center?
The PCA-edu Info Center is a new family of products from the
educational arm of The Professional Chefs Association;
complete hospitality management courses available over the
Internet. Convenience and low cost are the benefits for you, while still receiving the same high quality
educational materials that hospitality schools have, celebrated
- How can PCA-edu help my career?
You can expand your career options by building management
skills or learning the technical side of different
operational areas within a hotel, motel, or restaurant.
Increase your value on the job by preparing to take on new
responsibilities. Whether you're looking to move forward in a
hospitality career or wish to learn the latest about a
specific area of hospitality, the Professional Chefs
Association stands ready to help by offering a full range of
practical, easy-to-understand hospitality courses to help
hospitality professionals like you reach your goals.
- Why is PCA-edu the best learning package in the
PCA-edu allows you to compete for management positions. With
our standardized programs, you can get the
hospitality-specific education and training that the industry
demands and receive all the advantages of online learning:
- Earn your customer's loyalty when displaying our Food &
Beverage Gold Medal
- Continue to work while you take courses.
- Absolute neutral evaluations.
- Learn on your own time as your schedule permits.
- No traveling to class- saves you time and money
- Use materials that are easy to read and understand - all
developed by practicing industry experts and hospitality
- Gain recognition for the knowledge you already have.
- Great competency tool.
- How do I get Started?
It's simple, just follow the steps below and you'll be on your
- Sign up, complete Registration form and mail to PCA.
- Your forms will be processed and you'll receive the appropriate
in the mail including tests / test results..
- Study required courses and complete tests.
- A passing score is 70 percent or better. To guarantee
your privacy, absolutely no scores will be given over the
phone. Your exam results will be mailed directly to you,
along with a written assessment.
- Successful establishments will receive appropriate
Diploma's, PCA Medal and will be featured on our web site.
- Do I have to buy a textbook?
No. Everything you need to complete the courses and exams is
- How long does it take to complete PCA-edu courses?
You can progress as quickly as you want without being held up
by classroom schedules. For your convenience, you are allowed
up to 12 weeks to complete a single course. Individuals who
allot regular study time find these generous time frames
permit them to work at their own pace while still fulfilling
- Who is behind the development of these courses?
PCA-edu courses give you an edge in the hospitality industry
because they are the only courses actually developed by the
industry. We draw on the knowledge and expertise of practicing
hotel, motel, and restaurant professionals in the development
and regularly updated courses. You are assured
of material that is practical, relevant, and up-to-date,
reflecting the very latest thinking.
Chances are, if you're going to register for one of our
courses, your computer system and its software is prepared for
the journey. We do not require any special software downloads or
fancy plug-ins to take our courses. We do suggest that you have
a compatible Web browser to maximize your educational
experience. If at any time you need to contact us regarding your
configuration, please drop an email to technical support.
- Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Mac OS 7.1 or better
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or better
- Netscape 6.0 or better
- AOL 6.0 or better
If you do not have any of the above browsers, do yourself a
favor and download the latest Internet Explorer which can be
downloaded directly from Microsoft at:
http://www.microsoft.com. Chances are you're missing what
the internet has to offer with an older browser.
If you do not have Internet access you will need to have an
account with an Internet Service Provider (ISP). If the provider
you choose has a dial-up number, which is local to you, you will
not incur any additional phone charges. It is recommended that
your Internet service be accessible from either at home or at
work. Your local library or university may offer accessibility,
but we suggest this not be your primary source for going online.
PCA-edu cannot be responsible for the reliability of your
Internet connection, so it is important to ensure your local
provider can offer consistent, quality service. You will also
need e-mail capability which can be arranged with your Internet